Additional Information Regarding California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia
Collection, Disclosure, Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
This section applies to individuals who are California residents (other than residents whose Personal Information we collect in a human resources context), as well as to consumers who are residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia.
We do not knowingly sell or share the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
If you are a California resident or a Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia consumer, you may, subject to applicable law, make the following requests:
1. You may request to know whether we process your Personal Information and to access such Personal Information. You may request that we disclose to you the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing or selling Personal Information about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or shared such Personal Information; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information.
2. You may request to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
3. You may request to have your Personal Information deleted.
4. You may request to receive a copy of your Personal Information, including specific pieces of Personal Information, and, where applicable, to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a portable, readily usable format.
5. You may request to opt out of targeted advertising or the “sharing” of your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
You may request to opt out of the “sale” of your Personal Information, as defined under the applicable privacy law
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your rights. To make a privacy request, please contact us at online form or 1-800-223-7267. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may decline to honor your request where the law or right you are invoking does not apply or where an exception applies. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as order or transaction history, warranty registration information, or other forms of personal identification, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a request to delete, we may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your Personal Information.
To request to opt out of any future sale of your Personal Information, any future sharing of your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising or any future processing of your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, click here.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut or Virginia consumer, and if we refuse to take action on your request, you may appeal the refusal within a reasonable period after you have received notice of it. You may file an appeal by contacting us via online form or 1-800-223-7267.
If an agent would like to make a request on your behalf as permitted under applicable law, the agent may use the submission methods noted in the section entitled “Individual Requests.” Not all kinds of requests can be made by authorized agents in all states. As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide proof concerning his or her status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that you verify your identity as described in the section entitled “Individual Requests” or confirm that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Where we maintain or use de-identified data, we will continue to maintain and use the de-identified data only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the data.